Financial Analyst Medavie Health Services
April 16, 2018
Competition: # MHSFINAN
Closing Date: May 1, 2018
Do you want to work with a company that puts the wellbeing of Canadian’s first? Then consider working for a company like Medavie Health Services. We are experts at working towards providing accountable, innovative and community-minded solutions to the health and wellbeing of Canadians.
A little bit about us: Medavie Health Services is a health care delivery company that provides ground and air ambulance services, medical communications, clinical training, and community health solutions. Our belief is in a better life for the communities we serve. We operate emergency and non-emergency ambulance services, medical communications, community-based health solutions, and provide clinical training. These services are provided through 12 subsidiary companies in Canada. Together, we employ or manage nearly 3,500 dedicated health care professionals. Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Medavie Health Services is seeking a Financial Analyst, responsible for monthly accounting and analysis at several of our operating subsidiaries.
Why you’ll want to work for us
- We invest in and celebrate you: we have a 100% paid employer health & dental benefits plan, a pension plan and group RRSP, a merit incentive program, health & wellness allowance and above average paid time off
- We support you: we have clearly defined performance agreements, regular coaching and review meetings, personal development plans and access to books, courses, and resources
- We reward you: we know how important it is to say thank you and reward hard work, so we regularly celebrate our successes together as a team
- We listen to you: our team meets weekly and we have regular employee engagement surveys and employee committees in place
- We are growing: Medavie Health Services is on the growth path. We are actively diversifying our health services portfolio and expanding our footprint as a leading health solutions partner
Reporting to the Supervisor of Finance, the financial analyst is responsible for providing comprehensive financial reporting support to the Company. This includes significant involvement in monthly processes including preparation of financial statements, forecasts, and analysis. The financial analyst will meet regularly with budget holders and members of the operations team to discuss significant variances and to assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual budgets. The successful candidate will also be required to work closely with the external auditors during the year-end audit.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Prepare journal entries to account for the Company’s activities.
- Maintain the Company’s general ledger and Company accounts and expenditures including:
- Bank reconciliations
- Various balance sheet reconciliation schedules
- Expense analysis and reallocations
- Produce monthly financial statements for the companies to meet the Company’s reporting deadlines
- Prepare financial budget and analytical reports and provide analysis where appropriate
- Design and implement new reports as needed
- Assist in the Company’s annual budget process
- Compare actual results to budgets and prior periods and review with key stakeholders
- Investigate possible errors and reallocate transactions as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate University degree (Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration), or a diploma in Accounting with equivalent experience
- CPA certification or enrollment is an asset
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience
- Experience working with computerized accounting software. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics is an asset
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
We’re looking for someone who adopts high standards for themselves and is an effective communicator. You thrive on success and are passionate, hardworking, taking pride in everything you do. You also live our core values, which are:
If all of this resonates with you, and you are excited to join an established organization on the growth path, then we strongly encourage you to apply with resume and covering letter together in one document on or before May 1, 2018.
Medavie Health Services is an equal opportunity employer