Manager Corporate Communications
June 16, 2017
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Communications
Department: Corporate Communications
Employment Type: Full time, permanent
Location(s): Moncton, NB or Dartmouth, NS
Salary: Competitive Compensation
Reports to: Director, Corporate Communications and Marketing
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
“We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too.”
Medavie is a health company. Together, with our 5,500 employees at Medavie Blue Cross and Medavie Health Services, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will help build a healthy Canada.
With over one million cardholders, Medavie Blue Cross is a not-for-profit organization that provides health, dental, travel, life and income replacement products to small and large companies and individual customers. We also administer various government sponsored health programs on behalf of provincial and federal governments, including Veterans Affairs Canada, and Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.
Medavie Health Services is the largest provider of Emergency Medical Services in Canada. Our operations span ground and air ambulance services, medical communications, clinical training, and community health solutions.
Our commitment to a different kind of health care is further evidenced in the Medavie Health Foundation, where we channel an annual social dividend to improve the health of Canadians in the areas of child and youth mental health, type 2 diabetes and post -traumatic stress disorder.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications and Marketing, this role is critical in our efforts to build our brand and grow our business across our two operating companies – Medavie Blue Cross and Medavie Health Services. The Manager will lead a diverse and talented team of communications professionals across four major office locations and work collaboratively across the broader team and with business partners to advance our corporate priorities.
· Develop fully integrated internal and external communications strategies and materials to advance the business priorities of both operating companies
· Oversee development and implementation of traditional and social media strategies to advance the brand, including pro-active media pitching
· Help to identify emerging opportunities and challenges that require proactive communication, including new opportunities for enhanced media profile
· Oversee identification and training of corporate spokespeople for media interviews and external speaking engagements
· Drive the development and management of key briefing material and strategies related to corporate issues
· Advance the development and distribution of internal communications content through a range of communications channels to drive engagement, including the execution of a series of employee events and initiatives
· Develop, manage and maintain metrics for monitoring effectiveness and driving continuous improvement of key internal and external communications programs and initiatives
· Lead the development of a strategic forward looking editorial calendar to strengthen the organization’s internal and external communications and ensure alignment/integration with the overall marketing communications strategy
· Oversee translation service team
Education: Post-secondary education, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or other related field
Work Experience: Seven to ten years of experience in Corporate Communications with at least two years at a management level
Computer Skills: MS-Office and strong technical aptitude
• Ability to mentor and develop people to support a high performance culture
• Proven results oriented media relations experience, including media pitching and social media
• Experience in multi-location employee communications strategies and organizational change
• Exceptional written communications skills including editing, proofreading and attention to detail
• Highly developed consulting skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business acumen and organizational savvy
Language Skills: Bilingualism is considered an asset
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on Apply Now.
Canadian Citizenship - Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.