Manager, Financial Reporting
March 12, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Finance, Medavie Health Services
Job Location: Dartmouth, NS
Closing Date: March 23, 2018
Do you want to work with a company that puts the wellbeing of Canadian’s first? Then consider working for a company like Medavie Health Services. We are experts at working towards providing accountable, innovative and community-minded solutions to the health and wellbeing of Canadians.
A little bit about us: Medavie Health Services is a health care delivery company that provides ground and air ambulance services, medical communications, clinical training, and community health solutions. Our belief is in a better life for the communities we serve. We operate emergency and non-emergency ambulance services, medical communications, community-based health solutions, and provide clinical training. These services are provided through 12 subsidiary companies in Canada. Together, we employ or manage nearly 3,500 dedicated health care professionals. Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
We are part of Medavie Inc., a health services company that integrates benefits management, health management and health care delivery. You may know our sister company Medavie Blue Cross.
Medavie Health Services is seeking a Manager, Financial Reporting, responsible for coordinating financial functions at our head office, leading the audit and preparation of our external financial statements and overseeing operational reporting at several of our subsidiary companies.
Why you’ll want to work for us
- We invest in and celebrate you: we have a 100% paid employer health & dental benefits plan, a pension plan and group RRSP, a merit incentive program, health & wellness allowance and above average paid time off
- We support you: we have clearly defined performance agreements, regular coaching and review meetings, personal development plans and access to books, courses, and resources
- We reward you: we know how important it is to say thank you and reward hard work, so we regularly celebrate our successes together as a team
- We listen to you: our team meets weekly and we have regular employee engagement surveys and employee committees in place
- We are growing: Medavie Health Services is on the growth path. We are actively diversifying our health services portfolio and expanding our footprint as a leading health solutions partner
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, Financial Reporting is responsible for directing and managing the corporate accounting functions. The position takes a leadership and active role in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting while ensuring compliance with IFRS and applicable regulatory standards. This position acts as a primary point of contact for the operating companies and with the finance department at Medavie Blue Cross. The Manager works collaboratively to ensure financial integration and consistency across the organization.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Manage the preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management discussion and analysis
- Review operating segment financial statements and other related analysis
- Prepare technical accounting memoranda in support of IFRS standards
- Lead and coordinate the external financial audit
- Monitor and oversee compliance with the organization’s financial policies
- Work closely with operational leads in support of financial analysis and related reports for our government clients
- Lead financial reporting team members by example
- Act in the Director’s absence
- Exercise discretion and independently make judgments within the Company’s accounting & reporting framework
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) with public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in financial roles with increasing responsibilities
- Experience working in a multi company environment is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience managing a team of accounting professionals
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective written & oral communication skills. Must be able to present executive quality financial analysis
We’re looking for someone who adopts high standards for themselves, possess strong technical abilities and is an effective communicator. You thrive on success and are passionate, hardworking, taking pride in everything you do. You also live our core values, which are:
If all of this resonates with you, and you are excited to join an established organization on the growth path, then we strongly encourage you to apply with resume and covering letter together in one document to (link) on or before March 23, 2018.
Medavie Health Services is an equal opportunity employer