Administrative Assistant/Scheduler — Elgin EMS
Full Time Permanent
Medavie Health Services Ontario is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of Elgin EMS, an integrated, pre-hospital care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue to build a healthier community together. As the land ambulance service provider for Elgin EMS, we’re looking for an Administrative Assistant/Scheduler who is committed to the delivery of innovative health care, safety and communications solutions through knowledgeable and caring professionals. Our belief is in a better life for the communities we serve
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country’s most pressing physical and mental health coverage.
Located in St. Thomas, Ontario, the incumbent will be responsible to provide effective and efficient administrative support function to the management team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will maintain records as required to ensure compliancy with the Ambulance Act. You will be responsible to prepare scheduling for all paramedic employees in the Company’s time and attendance management system including applying and making approved changes to the staff schedules in accordance with applicable collective agreements and legislation. You will be the first point of contact for all scheduling related issues.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- maintains regular and confidential internal/external communications within the department, with other corporate departments and corresponds with external stakeholders to clarify issues;
- provides administrative support to management and staff for the department’s operations and quality assurance, training, financial, human resources and IT;
- type memos, confidential reports, agendas and general correspondence on behalf of the General Manager or other team members within the department;
- proofread transcribed correspondence for grammatical accuracy, sentence structure and content;
- assist in the development of presentation materials using desktop technology;
- organize and coordinates travel arrangements, meeting facilities and compiles monthly expense claim forms;
- reconcile Visa reports, as required;
- order and maintain stationery, office supplies, etc., following approved purchasing guidelines;
- receive and prioritize incoming phone messages, e-mails, faxes, mail, couriers etc.;
- maintain the regional filing system and keeps an accurate record of correspondence and reports;
- greet customers and stakeholders as they arrive at the office.
- provide ongoing scheduling support and software orientation to management and staff;
- perform daily audits of the roster for accuracy of staffing, hours, codes etc. and makes corrections as needed;
- review and/or audit employee meals, shift overruns, block balancing and bank balances as required;
- submit district payroll as needed;
- adhere to the scheduling rules to fill shifts as required for staffing of short notice leaves, vacations, sick calls and special events;
- tracking absenteeism and sick time for the Company;
- assist with yearly vacation tracking; and
- other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- post-secondary education in office administration or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- minimum three years related experience working in an office environment, preferably with experience in the health care industry.
- prior experience with union scheduling;
- strong computer skills using a variety of Microsoft Office software products as well as the Internet and CAD/scheduling/payroll software;
- well organized with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- self-motivated team player and able to work independently;
- excellent typing and proof-reading skills with high attention to detail;
- excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- comfortable working to a schedule with demanding turn-around times; and
- above average customer service focused.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number ONEL2021-02 in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes Friday, March 5, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.