Billing Administrator — Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Competition # MD2021-103
Temporary Full Time (One Year)
Medavie Health Services West (MHSW) is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier Saskatchewan and Alberta together. MHSW is looking for a Billing Administrator who will be focused on supporting our day-to-day operations in Saskatoon.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country’s most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Located in Saskatoon, SK, the incumbent will be responsible to prepare and provide follow-up to all billings related to ambulance services. Reporting to the Director, Finance, you will be in contact with the general public and paramedics on a regular basis. You will be the first point of contact related to all ambulance billings.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Prepare and provide follow-up to all billings related to ambulance service;
- Review and process all Patient Care Records from billing region using aPCR and designated accounting/recording program;
- Post and process invoices related to ambulance services on a daily basis;
- Provide required call data to Ministry of Health (MoH) as required;
- Responsible for collection activities that includes reviewing AR reports, mailing statements, credit bureau adjustments, and communication with agencies;
- Provide high quality customer service for a high volume of billing inquiries, collection intake calls and bill payments;
- Practice supportive communication techniques such as active and empathetic listening, excel in effective decision making, involve others in decision making when appropriate;
- Demonstrate superior conflict resolution skills: balance assertiveness and sensitivity to achieve a successful outcome;
- Work closely with external agencies such as GMS, Indigenous Service Canada, Blue Cross, DVA, MoH, SGI and WCB to resolve billing and collection issues and advocate on behalf of the patient;
- Provide relief for sick/vacation time related to Receptionist duties; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have:
A business degree or diploma from a post-secondary institution;
- One to two years’ experience in office position, including data entry and billing/accounting experience;
- Knowledge and/or expertise in finance and accounting preferred;
- Thorough working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft office and computerized accounting software;
- Effective oral and written communications;
- Possess interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals and teams;
· Proven and effective customer service telephone skills;
· Ability to learn quickly and effectively use various computer billing and reporting systems;
· Strong analytical and organizational skill;
· Ability to maintain confidential records and information; and
- Leads by example and practices good time management.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please submit your resume with cover letter through the Medavie Health Services West website. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes Friday, June 18, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services West is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employee.