Full Time Permanent
Medavie Health Services is a national leader in primary health care solutions, the largest contracted provider of emergency medical services in Canada and delivers care in remote communities as part of our contract with Indigenous Services Canada.
Together, with our compassionate network of 4,300 health care professionals in six provinces, we have a long history of providing innovative community paramedicine programs and delivering mobile integrated health services across the country.
Every day, our team provides high-quality patient care through ground and air ambulance services, medical communications, mobile integrated health/community paramedicine programs, 911 Public Safety, 811 Telehealth, home health care, as well as clinical training.
At Medavie Health Services, our team members are dedicated to building a healthier Canada and supporting the needs of the culturally diverse communities we serve. We are looking for an Enterprise Architect that lives our core values being Caring, Accountable, Responsive, Innovative and Community-minded.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health solutions partner. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the wellbeing of all Canadians.
We are proud to invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges.
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Technology, the Enterprise Architect, supports a wide array of servers, network and critical solutions through the Medavie Health Services group of companies. The position plays a key role in the design, planning, documentation, budgeting and building of both contract and critical contract applications and highly available solutions. This position requires strong technical, quality assurance, analytical, documentation and relationship skills, time management, multitasking, process orientation and an inquisitive ‘can do’ attitude.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- partnering with clients and lead the design, implementation and build of complex business solutions;
- assessing business needs and document problem/project requirements and develop solutions where possible;
- researching, defining, presenting and recommending software and system/server infrastructure designs and/or alternative strategies;
- gathering requirements, performing analysis and designing, constructing, testing and deploying hardware and software solutions;
- planning and performing appropriate tests to create a high quality solution;
- creating and assessing detailed design specifications;
- developing and customizing infrastructure that meet the business requirements of system owners and stakeholders;
- estimating with high degree of accuracy the approximate effort and cost required to produce appropriate solutions for small, medium and large sized projects;
- testing solution in a development capacity and deploy to production while maintaining high level of communication to customers;
- analyzing the technical customer requirements;
- developing client specific solutions;
- forecasting architecture and infrastructure requirements year over year, while planning budgetary line items;
- supporting infrastructure for all Medavie Health Services companies;
- recommending improvements and upgrades to hardware and software;
- using diagnostic programs to solve problems;
- evaluating software programs and making suggestions for their improvement;
- overseeing the daily performance of the company's computer systems;
- modifying commercial programs and customize them for internal needs; and
- displaying capability of decision-making and takes initiative as needed.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you:
- successfully completed a post-secondary education, preferably in the computer science, business or related program;
- possess a minimum of five years experience in the IT industry, in a System Administrator or equivalent capacity with four to five year’s experience administering Windows workstations and servers;
- have a strong understanding of Windows workstation clients in the Windows server environment;
- have comprehensive knowledge of technical support specialist functions;
- have extensive exposure to IT solution based development.
- possess experience with securing, integrating with and utilizing web services.
- have expert knowledge of the following technologies: Compute, storage, backup, Virtualization, Network, Firewalls, Operating systems, SAS, Cloud Technologies, Security.
- possess superb collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- have advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to identify issues and root causes with resolution implementation; and
- possess excellent organizational and time-management skills.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes Monday, May 23, 2022.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Any candidate not currently employed with Medavie Health Services will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine.