Lead, Government Business Development
Company: Medavie Blue Cross
Medavie is a national health solutions partner that integrates benefits management, health management and health care delivery. Together, with our team of more than 7,200 professionals, we are committed to improving the wellbeing of Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie oversees Medavie Blue Cross, a premier all-in-one benefits carrier and public health program administrator, and Medavie Health Services, a national primary health care solutions organization and the largest contracted provider of emergency management services in Canada.
We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
We don’t have shareholders. Instead, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges.
Job Title: Lead, Government Business Development
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Ontario, Saskatchewan
Salary: Comprehensive Compensation
Reports To: Director, Business Development and Strategy
Reporting to the Director, Business Development and Strategy, the Lead, Business Development Government will support government business development activities across Medavie. The role provides the opportunity to support strategic business development initiatives, with particular focus on assembling and presenting market information and data to enhance growth objectives, processes and results.
- Lead responses to public sector procurements providing direction to diverse project teams using a best practice methodology
- Complete market research and analysis on an ongoing basis to identify and track potential opportunities, building required intelligence on the initiative
- Lead process to identify and track public sector RFPs to ensure the organization can timely respond to selected opportunities
- Compile competitive landscape analysis across government business lines
- Support research and development as well as roadmapping processes, developing an in-depth analysis of government business requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure current and comprehensive understanding of digital health capabilities and planning.
- Prepare analysis and written/presentation overviews of market information and documents
- Build competitive information and inform Medavie government business development strengths and potential gaps
- Support regular government business development reporting and tracking initiatives
- Lead / support other initiatives related to government business development including acquisitions and / or organic growth projects
- Support organizational reporting activities, including progress towards corporate plan objectives.
- Coordination and results reporting for client surveys, supporting regular collection and actioning of stakeholder feedback.
- Participate on project teams supporting business plan execution and delivery of reporting needs.
- Supporting RFP and new business opportunity response process through similar duties outlined above
- Education: University or college diploma in business administration or other related areas
- Work Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel and strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Language Skills: Bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge: Business development and procurement experience with government
- Analytical Thinking: High attention to detail, using logic and good judgment in decision making; takes initiative and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Communication Skills: Possess superior communication skills (oral, written, listening) and delivers information clearly and confidently both with internal and external partners.
- Execution and Organizational Skills: Prioritizes and effectively copes with change. Ability to organize work and information in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and reporting deadlines.
- Team Work Skills: Demonstrates an understanding of how the job contributes to the overall Business Development team and takes the initiative to help with problem situations. Easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration and is composed. Seeks and is receptive to feedback and enjoys working with people both as part of a team and one-on-one.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Business Development, Pre-Sales, Public Health, RFP, Sales, Healthcare