Licensed Practical Nurse (New Brunswick)
Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 3233)
Location: New Brunswick
Funded by the Government of New Brunswick, our programs and the work of over 900 professionals around the province are managed by Medavie Health Services New Brunswick, alongside Ambulance New Brunswick, to provide more comprehensive, coordinated care.
We partner and coordinate services with several government departments and divisions, health-care institutions, and non-governmental agencies providing community-based services. These partnerships help us provide the best care to clients and their families within their homes and communities.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing quality patient care within the scope of professional LPN practice to patients and families throughout the life span.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Active registration with ANBLPN;
- Minimum of three years recent medical/surgical, palliative care and wound care experience in an acute care setting;
- Demonstrated education and experience related to medication administration, phlebotomy and physical assessment;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services and available community services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
Work With Us
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.