Patient Care Attendant (New Brunswick)
Patient Care Attendant (NOC 4412)
Location: New Brunswick
Funded by the Government of New Brunswick, our programs and the work of over 900 professionals around the province are managed by Medavie Health Services New Brunswick, alongside Ambulance New Brunswick, to provide more comprehensive, coordinated care.
We partner and coordinate services with several government departments and divisions, health-care institutions, and non-governmental agencies providing community-based services. These partnerships help us provide the best care to clients and their families within their homes and communities.
Participates with members of the interdisciplinary EMP team to assist patients with activities of daily living.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduation plus an additional patient care program/course of up to six months or equivalent;
- Experience working with adult patients would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance; and
- Good computer knowledge and skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Work With Us
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.