Primary Care Paramedic (multiple locations)
Location: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick PEI, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario
Duties of Position:
This work involves clinical care and safe transportation of individuals, including emergency and non-emergency responses and inter-facility transfers.
Clinical expectations and responsibilities for Primary Care Paramedics are based on the current National Occupational Competency Profile (NOCP) for Primary Care Paramedics.
Paramedics are also expected to maintain and operate ambulances and related equipment in accordance with patient needs and public safety.
Required Qualifications and Other Job Requirements:
- Primary Care Paramedic program/course of over six months;
- Must meet all legislated requirements for Paramedics;
- Must be registered or eligible for registration at the Paramedic Association or college of paramedics in the province you are applying for;
- Must have a valid class 4 Driver's Licence in the province you are applying for (or equivalent);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Proof of successful paramedic physical abilities testing) that has been completed in the last 12 months
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
- Must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine. Unvaccinated employees will be required to follow all workplace mitigation measures determined by the Employer, based on Public Health guidance.
Work With Us
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.