Senior Communications Advisor (Ontario, Term)
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, this 12-month term role will support ongoing efforts to build our Medavie brand and grow our business in Ontario, while delivering effective communications support for local Ontario paramedic operations.
- Contributes to effective communication strategies in support of Ontario thought leadership initiative activity and supports work with agency partner(s)
- Maintains a big picture view of the organization and Ontario landscape to inform strategic thinking and identify relevant opportunities (speaking, sponsorship, media, other); executes accordingly
- Writes and edits content including (but not limited to) email, collateral and external communications (key messages, news releases, media statements, speaking remarks, presentations, op-eds, blog posts, etc.)
- Provides advice and ongoing communication support for special projects relating to the Ontario market
- Works collaboratively with Ontario paramedic operations to support internal and external communications needs/activity, including social media management
- Supports ongoing ad hoc requests
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations or other related field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in corporate communications
- Exceptional written communications skills, including editing, proofreading and attention to detail; ability to modify writing tone and voice to match the needs of different audiences/media targets
- A self-starter and problem-solver who works well independently and as part of a geographically-dispersed team; open to last-minute, unplanned requests, changes or feedback
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive subjects/issues in a professional manner
- Solid time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities and produce materials to meet tight deadlines
- Team player with a strong focus on supporting colleagues, trying new approaches and delivering results
- Strong interpersonal, project management and relationship-building skills with an ability to work with multi-stakeholder teams in a fast-paced environment; responds to requests quickly and professionally
- A demonstrated ability to advise senior leaders and create approaches that address business demands/needs
- Understanding of social media strategies and how to effectively use social media as an effective communications channel
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, including unionized environments
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and/or other presentation software
- Flexible to work outside of normal hours and open to occasional travel
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply online, please submit your resume.
Medavie is an equal opportunity employer.